Monday, April 3, 2017

B is for...Blackboard Technique and Birthday Balloons



Recently Richard Garay, Fun Stampers Journey President and Co-Founder, demonstrated the blackboard technique in this video.  It's a quick and easy technique, using black card stock, clear embossing ink, and pan pastels.  I remember using chalks for this technique a LONG time ago! :-) This is one of the three cards we'll be making at my April 22nd card class.

For this card I used the balloon paper from the Magical Journey Prints collection (PP-0038) and one of the wonderfully wonky cakes in the To You stamp set (SS-0083).  I've never used this stamp set without lots of coloring - so it's a bit of a change for me.  I think I like the simplicity.

Don't forget to check out the other A-Z blogs this month. You can find the list on this Facebook page.
I hope you'll come back tomorrow to see what I come up with for C - I have an idea, but that could certainly change between now and then!!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely to see your work. Its great to have creative outlets. Mine is patchwork and in the 14 years I have been doing it, its taken over my life I think. Well almost. Its all I blog about anyway... well just about all.

    Philipa aka Ozzypip

    Ozzypip Quilts

    ReplyDelete