Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Early morning ramblings

Warning! - this is a long, wordy, and boring post! If you've happened to end up here, you may want to quit now and leave me to my meanderings.

Every now and then, not too often thank goodness, I wake up around 3:00 and can't go back to sleep. I lie in bed and think about all the things I need to do until finally I give up and get up. Throughout my adult life I've made lists. (Sometimes I think I make them I make them to avoid actually DOING the things on the list.) So maybe if I make a list of all the things that wouldn't leave me alone and let me sleep this morning, I can go back and take a nap.

  1. I haven't updated my blog since last month. I'm a bad blogger. But since my blog is more of a personal diary, maybe that's OK.
  2. I haven't finished my samples for the upcoming technique blog hop on the 20th. This month's theme is watercolor, and for some reason things aren't really coming together. I love watercolors - why the heck are they being so obstinate right now??
  3. I managed to get the designs ready for my next card class (which is on the 20th also!) in time to send out the post card notices. Now I need to do the prep and get the instructions ready.
  4. We're building a terraced flower bed on the hill in front of the house this year. While working on it the other day, we discovered the water pipe that goes under the driveway froze and broke this winter. One more project. 
  5. I bought three tomato plants, a cilantro plant, and two lavender plants. Gotta figure out when and where to plant the garden this year. 
  6. But first we have to finish fixing the screened roof of the enclosure around the raised beds. It came down with one of the HEAVY spring snows we had this year.
  7. The second big, bad snowstorm this spring happened while we were away last week. We got 24 inches of really heavy wet snow that snapped branches off a lot of our trees. So on good days we need to work on cleaning that up.
  8. Only two weeks to the girls' birthdays on the 19th and 20th. Then Michael's birthday is on June 3rd. I'd better get busy and pack a box and get it in the mail.
  9. Next week I take Mom out to see my brother on Tuesday, then bring her home with me for a few days' visit. She has a doctor's appointment on Friday, then I have card class on Saturday, then we leave on a trip Sunday.
  10. Fun Stampers Journey Convention is coming up soon - I leave on June 6th for Phoenix. I know I still have a month to get ready, but it's still running through my mind. I need to make a gift for an exchange and gifts for my upline and other team members who are attending. I'm skipping the swaps this year...no way I have time to make 20 or 30 cards. Some people take 100! Ouch.
  11. Doctor appointments. Why can't they ALL happen on the same day??? Every time we go into town for an appointment, we end up running all kinds of errands and POOF! the whole day is gone and we're too tired to do anything when we get home. Yesterday we had to go to Pueblo and tomorrow we're going to Colorado Springs - two days gone this week.
  12. Gotta clean the garage. :-(
  13. Julie is bringing Addi out for a visit in August - YAY! So I'm thinking of all the fun things we're going to do. Yes, we have plenty of time. That doesn't mean all those things aren't running through my mind when I should be sleeping at 3:00 in the morning.
  14. Treadmill and diet. Another :-(
I've finished my ginger tea. It's 5:00 AM - maybe I should just give up and start something on this list!

No comments:

Post a Comment