Monday, April 18, 2016

Party Cats

Party hearty!! Actually, the look on these faces kind of reflects the way I feel about parties now that I'm...ahem...older.  These days partying means sitting in my recliner watching TV with a glass of Pinot Noir on the side table.

I really like this stamp (Feed Me AT-0160).  I got it free with my first Fun Stampers Journey order when I was trying out the products before signing up as a coach.  This cat has cattitude - and it's sometimes hard trying to come up with an appropriate card (and recipient!) to appreciate that.  But I had this background sitting on my desk staring at me, and decided to try a reflection technique.  I've seen other stampers do it, but this was my first try.  I stamped the image on an acetate sheet, then pressed card stock onto the image.  The lines didn't come out quite as clear as original stamped image, so I traced them a bit with a gray fine-tip marker, and...it worked!

The background is one I tried after watching this Gina K video about embossing over watercolor.  Hers was amazing...mine less so! But I enjoy experimenting, and the cats take center stage anyway.  Now I just have to figure out who this card is going to, and for what occasion...

Supplies I used (you can order the FSJ items from my website here if you'd like):

  • Stamps:  Feed Me (AT-0160), Tag Elements (AT-0130) and a flower & leaf set from my stash - can't remember the name of it.
  • Card Stock:  Whip Cream (CS-0040) and miscellaneous scraps of red and dark green
  • Ink: Black Licorice (IP-0041)
  • Dies:  Heart-Felt (DI-0033)
  • Other:  Journey Clear Embossing Powder (IP-0097), watercolor paper, watercolors, heat gun, white gel pen, fine-tip gray marker

No comments:

Post a Comment