Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Back Yard



A couple weeks ago, we finally had a chance to work on the back yard a little. There's still a LONG way to go, but every little bit helps. It was so hot - I really felt sorry for people who work outside all year long.

We added three more rock steps, terraced the hill, and planted a real, non-native tree that we purchased at Perennial Favorites, an awesome nursery between Colorado City and Rye. It's an Idaho poplar...or maybe a Utah poplar...well, it's SOME kind of poplar tree!

Next we need to plant a purple smoke bush that we purchased at the same time. It's still living on the deck, though, because we can't figure out where to put it.

The garden is doing fairly well, but slow because of how hot and dry it's been. This year I'm experimenting with peas. Last year I tried yellow squash, but that stuff has stickery things all over it! I decided I don't need to grow something that hurts me when I try to harvest it.

Not a terribly exciting blog post, but I'm really trying to get something on here at least once a week. So, until next week....

No comments:

Post a Comment