Friday, October 20, 2017

October Technique Blog Hop

Waterfall Cards



Welcome to A Year of Card Techniques Blog Hop where each month we feature a different card technique. We’ve assembled a team of card makers who range from new to advanced, so you’ll see a great variety of cards and ideas.

There’s just something about interactive cards!  And Waterfall Cards are among the best interactive card techniques.  They look intricate, though, so we’ll let you in on any hints we uncover along the way.   Hopefully, we’ll inspire you to try one for yourself.
If you would like to check out our past technique hops, you can do that here:
This month our amazing sponsor is none other than  Bugaboo Stamps
Please take a moment to check out their store here, their blog here and their Facebook page here.
And the awesome prize this month is a $12.00 gift code to the store (worth approximately four digi images).
We really appreciate feedback, so please leave a comment on each of the blogs in the hop today.  The winner will be announced on Sunday, October 29, 2017, on A Piece of (my) Heart’s blog, so be sure to check her blog on Sunday.  If you would prefer to be notified if you win, please leave your email address in the comments and someone will contact you.  The winner will have until November 16, 2017, to claim their prize.
You should have arrived here from Claudia Henderson's blog, Crafting with a View. If you're visiting here first, you might want to start at the beginning so you don't miss a thing and increase your chances of winning by commenting on each blog.


Now, here are the cards I made this month. I had never tried this technique before, so it was a lot of fun. There are pictures of each card "opened" lower down in this post.

This was my first attempt at a waterfall card. I kept it fairly simple while learning. As you can see, I kind of misjudged the bottom image that says "Happy Thanksgiving!" The images are from the Bountiful Thanks stamp set in the current Fun Stampers Journey mini catalog. I colored them with watercolor pencils. I'm thinking about attaching a ribbon "pull" to the tab at the bottom so people will know how to "open" the waterfall. 

I felt like I was getting the hang of it with this next one, and even stamped on the pull tab. A tip - figure out how much is going to show, and either stamp above or below, because AGAIN my "hello" got chopped off a bit. (I'm a slow learner!) These images are from the "Pretty Birds" ATS set.


This is my last card this month. I generally don't do "vintage" style cards, so wanted to move a bit out of my comfort zone, and I actually like it a lot! I used "Day Fern" and "Vintage Notes" for the background, and "Embroidered Rose" for the images, set off with accents from the gorgeous Mystic Romance Prints paper. I did a more detailed tutorial for this card here.


 And finally, here are some pictures that show a just little of the waterfall action of these cards. They were a bit intimidating at first, but turned out to be pretty simple and a lot of fun to make!
  


Now you’re off to visit with Jearise at Lorby's World. I hope you're having fun this month - see you in November with another technique!


Here’s the full line-up in case you get lost:
Sharon
Claudia
Wilma
Jearise
Lisa
Jodie
Card A Day Challenge Team
Debbie
Amanda

   

9 comments:

  1. Wow . . . love your three card, and that rose image is gorgeous. Your "pull downs" are very unique and well decorated, which is something I didn't think too much about doing. You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yowsers! You did a fantastic job with these! ALL of them. Such great ideas for the waterfall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would never know it was your first time making these. I really like the vintage one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all 3 cards, but the birds card is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love ALL your cards. I don't think you misjudged for the last panel at all. I think it's intended to be a sort of hidden message that appears at the end of the Waterfall. You did a great job!!

    Sharon
    A Piece Of (my) Heart Blog
    **Make sure to visit my blog to grab some really great FREE Digi Sentiments.**

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well dear, you certainly got the hang of it and your cards are perfect! I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are pretty cards Wilma. I can't pick a favorite one. Great job and thanks for hopping along with us. Looking forward to next month :-)

    ReplyDelete